Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Illumina spectacular EPS growth

My analysis of Illumina was published today by Seeking Alpha:

Illumina Sequences Profits

Non-GAAP diluted EPS was $0.77, up 71% y/y.

But buy in at this point? Not my cup of tea. Congratulations to those who already owned ILMN.

You can see all my Illumina notes here.

It is a busy day for me, as is tomorrow. It probably won't be until at least Friday that I can write up an analysis of Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) and Biogen Idec (BIIB). They have something in common, aside from being biotechnology companies: they left an important detail out of their press release. Which is why it is important to listen to analyst conferences and read SEC documents.

Intuitive Surgical had to withdraw its surgical stapler from the market. They gave no details except that there were 3 incidents that led to the stop, and that they are being very conservative in their approach to the issue.

Biogen Idec announced its first Tecfidera (multiple sclerosis therapy) death from PML. This recalls the time in the past when the first deaths associated with Tysabri caused a train wreck. I first bought BIIB at that time, and am glad I did. But is this a buying opportunity? It isn't the same level of train wreck. Watch here or at Seeking Alpha for my analysis.

Tomorrow I am covering quarter reports and analyst conferences by Celgene, Alexion, and Altera. A complete list of the stocks I cover, with links to my notes, is at Openicon.

No comments:

Post a Comment