Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Bought more AMD

Just to note that I bought more AMD. I bought the same number of share I sold on 7/16 for $4.72 for $3.23. AMD reports on the 16th and I'll report on that at www.openicon.com/confsums/amd_main.html.

I believe AMD is a risky stock, but that sales of chips for Xbox and PlayStation should keep it going until its new lines of chips for servers becomes available in 2015. On the downside recently AMD is lowering prices on its graphics card chips (during the crucial holiday season) due to a new cycle of competition from Nvidia, which will likely continue until AMD releases its next round of graphics chips.

AMD represents roughly 3% of my tiny portfolio today. My largest holding is Gilead Sciences (GILD), which has broken my portfolio rules and now is about 15% of my portfolio, but I am holding it anyway in anticipation of  rapid further appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment