Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Agenus Scores Victory Over Glioblastoma Multiforme (Brain Cancer)

Just to note that Agenus (AGEN) announced positive results in its Phase II trial for its Prophage vaccine treating glioblastoma multiforme, a form of brain cancer. The results are quite impressive. However, a larger, randomized Phase III trial will be needed to gain FDA approval, and that would take something like 3 years. Agenus is likely to partner with a larger company for the trial and commercialization of Prophage.

See the Agenus Prophage Results press release

I recently covered the broad range of therapies in the Agenus pipeline:

Agenus Platforms Provide Many Shots On Commercialization Goal May 13, 2014 at Seeking Alpha

Agenus stock closed at $3.22 yesterday and as I write has risen to $3.81, up 18%. That gives it a market capitalization of $237 million, which I think is still vastly undervalued given the pipeline.

I own Agenus stock, which I first acquired in October 2013, with my last purchase in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment