Friday, October 4, 2013

Celgene partial sale

I am still a big fan of Celgene, but it again did so well that it violated my portfolio rules limiting the % of any one stock I hold. So I sold about 16% of my CELG holdings recently for $156.74 per share.

I last bought Celgene on June 24, 2013 for $111.40 per share. My rules allow me to buy more shares if for some reason the stock price drops again.

The shares I sold were originally bought for $38.59 per share back on May 4, 2009.

I continue to believe that for long-term investors like myself, CELG is a good bet. But I also recognize that every stock has its risks, and so limit my risks by following my portfolio rules.

Celgene will be reporting Q3 2013 results and holding its analyst call on October 24. As usual I will take a post notes which you can access at Celgene analyst call summaries.

I am pretty busy with other projects right now, so don't expect to write much in the way of articles for here or Seeking Alpha until early November.

No comments:

Post a Comment