Sunday, February 7, 2016

GlycoMimetics and other conferences this week

A lot of biotechnology companies are reporting fourth quarter 2015 results this week. A round of investor conferences kick off too.

None of that is likely to turn around the current slump in biotechnology stocks. That is going to require a change in sentiment. That will require continued revenue ramps from the commercial stage companies plus quite a number of new drug approvals from the FDA. When enough investors regain confidence we will see P/E ratios that are rational and pipelines that are also rationally valued. When that will happen is anyone's guess. I continue to accumulate biotechnology shares as I am able. Many are dirt cheap right now, but it still pays to be selective.

GlycoMimetics will make a presentation at 12:30 Pacific Time on Monday the 8th. If you want to prep for it you can read my article published at Seeking Alpha on Saturday:

GlycoMimetics: A Novel Therapeutic Approach With Possible High Returns

other stocks I own or cover that are reporting this week:

Tuesday: Regeneron, Seattle Genetics

Wednesday: Mylan

Thursday: Incyte, Alnylam

I post my notes on quarter results conferences. You can see my list with links to the notes here: OpenIcon Analyst Conference Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment