Thursday, January 9, 2014

Akamai Priced Right

My latest Seeking Alpha post:

Akamai: Q4 Could Be A Catalyst

I like Akamai, but for my own portfolio that I try to keep to less than 20 stocks, to get back in it has to compete with a lot of stocks I study on a regular basis. If I already owned it I would be holding it. The last time I had some I sold it on May 16, 2013 for $48.05 per share, having bought it in August 2011 for $24.78 per share. Akamai has been growing revenue, and usually profits, since its inception, and I expect that to continue. The question, even for a good company with growing profits, is how much is that worth. I think Akamai is priced right, but given I am trying to shift more money to small cap biotechnology stocks, I would probably need to see a retreat to around $40 per share to induce me to buy. AKAM closed today at $47.62, up $0.94, giving it a market capitalization of $8.5 billion and a P/E Ratio of 30.7.

You can see my historic notes and analysis at Akamai Analyst notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment