Friday, January 31, 2014

Seagate, SGI, Microchip analyst calls and results

I have posted my notes on this week's technology sector analyst conference calls and results:

Seagate
SGI
Microchip

I own Seagate (STX), which plunged after its report, but I believe that simply makes it more undervalued. Storage demand is still growing and Seagate is a cash cow with a healthy dividend.

I owned SGI (SGI) for years, but sold my remaining holdings today at $13.07 per share. I had bought these particular shares in May 2012 in two chunks for $6.69 and $5.27 per share. I will likely continue to cover SGI for a while and might buy back in if it looks like a turnaround with legs is in progress.

I also own Microchip (MCHP), which has been a stalwart of my stock portfolio. Lately Microchip has been growing substantially faster than the computer industry as a whole. It also pays a nice dividend.

No comments:

Post a Comment