Thursday, August 7, 2014

Vertex, Alexion, Gilead, Dot Hill and Mylan

And another story published at Seeking Alpha:

Vertex Price and Prospects Compared to Alexion

In addition to Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) and Alexion (ALXN), I discuss the controversy over Gilead's (GILD) pricing of its Hepatitis C cures. Vertex and Alexion are far more sensitive to the pricing issue than Gilead. However, Gilead already is overweight in my portfolio. I continue to consider Alexion and Vertex among my top choices if I add another stock to my list.

Mylan (MYL) and Dot Hill (HILL) both reported Q2 results and held analyst conferences this morning. Both disappointed the market. I remain long on both. Dot Hill in particular looks ready to ramp revenue nicely in the second half, but fell prey to traders who time horizon ranges from a microsecond to a few days.

My notes on today's conferences:

Dot Hill Analyst Conference & Results

Mylan Analyst Conference & Results

No comments:

Post a Comment