Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Inovio Interview, AMD Buy

I spoke at length to Dr. Joseph Kim, CEO of Inovio (INO) on Friday the 12th, about dMAb (DNA monoclonal antibody) technology.

dMAb showed promise in mice and is about to enter its first human tests. Note that Inovio has several clinical trials completed for its DNA vaccines, and may advance to its first Phase 3 trial later this year.

You can find my explanation of dMAb and its potential at Seeking Alpha:

Inovio's dMAb Technology [June 17, 2015]

I am hoping to resume my extension of coverage to more biotechnology companies by working my way through the IBB holdings, but I cannot promise when the next report will appear. Follow me at Seeking Alpha or here to keep up.

After watching AMD's presentation yesterday of its new graphics cards I considerably enlarged my AMD holdings. I like the new memory technology, but I do wish they had gone ahead and jumped to 20 nm or 16 nm technology. AMD looks cheap right now, but it could go down further short term because Q2 results are likely to be pretty bad. However, with the introduction of Windows 10 and the new graphics cards and the usual back-to-school and run up to the holidays, I expect Q3 will make AMD look a lot better. We won't know, of course, until October.

Keep in mind that I don't recommend stocks. One thing I do is technology journalism, and I disclose my own investing so readers can know what biases I might have. (I own Inovio too).

Keep diversified!

No comments:

Post a Comment