Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Biotechnology: Medivation, Opexa

Playing catch up, and with Intel reporting today I'll start listening to analyst conferences and putting up notes at www.openicon.com, though I would advise if you are really interested in investing in stocks, that you take the time to listen to the conferences yourself (links are available on the investor web page for each company). On my agenda are AMD reporting on Thursday, Intuitive Surgical and Amgen next Tuesday, then a whole slew of technology and biotechnology companies.

I had another article published at Seeking Alpha:

Medivation Looks Strong For 2015-2016

While I am positive on Medivation, I have not bought any yet. With limited cash and a whole bunch more biotechnology stocks to research, I am holding my fire.

I did add significantly to my Opexa (OPXA) position last week. This is an investigational stage company that has had trouble raising cash. I bought at $0.50 and it is already down to $0.45. Oh well, I think they have enough cash to last until Phase 2 data for their multiple sclerosis treatment comes in 2016. If the results are positive, they will have to raise more cash, but the stock should be up quite nicely. Highly risky. Don't say I didn't tell you so. Most of my money is in safer biotechs, notably Gilead.

Keep diversified!

No comments:

Post a Comment