Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Seattle Genetics; Akamai

In my ongoing shift from IT to biotechnology stocks, I am dropping coverage of Akamai. This is not a reflection on the company. I once owned AKAM and did well with it. I have not owned it for a couple of years.

On the other hand I bought some Seattle Genetics (SGEN). This is a speculative buy. I am more impressed by their pipeline and platform than by the revenue from their one approved drug so far. I would guess that 2016 would be the earliest this investment could pay off substantially, as guidance for 2015 is for moderate growth. The thing to watch in 2015 is pipeline progress. You can check out my notes, Seattle Genetics Q4 2014 analyst call for more details.

Also, I hope to write Seeking Alpha articles on SGEN and AMGN, but can't say how soon. This afternoon I will be listening to the Applied Materials (AMAT) conference and taking notes.

Disclosure: I do not own AKAM. I own SGEN, AMGN, and AMAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment