Thursday, February 5, 2015

Dot Hill, Adept Technology

I own and like data storage equipment maker Dot Hill (HILL), but wrote an article for Seeking Alpha in which I tried to be objective about both the opportunity and the reasons it might not work out:

Dot Hill's Q1 Guidance Will be Critical

As to Adept Technology, I want to emphasize that I don't dislike their technology or management. What I disliked was the run up of the stock price far past any reasonable valuation. To justify the valuation before yesterday's earnings report would have required a substantial climb in revenue, but instead there was a substantial decline in Q4. So the stock price plunged today. I did not even listen to the analyst call once I saw the press release. So if you want Q4 results you might as well go to the Adept Technology Q4  2014 press release.

No comments:

Post a Comment