Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mylan (MYL) added to portfolio

Today I added a small initial stake in Mylan (MYL) to my portforlio. Note my trading activities are nowhere near large enough to effect stock prices.

I wrote a positive article about Mylan at Seeking Alpha, Mylan Pursues Global Generics Dominance Strategy, back on September 6, 2013. The price is way up since then.  I now wish I had bought MYL back then.

Still, today's price in the $52 range is well off the 52 week high of $57.52. If it goes cheaper (without good reason) I'll buy more when the opportunity arises.

Mylan is a large cap (near $20 billion) company that manufactures and markets generic drugs. I am better known for writing and investing in small caps like Dot Hill, Adept Technologies, and Inovio. But most of my portfolio is in middle and large cap stocks.

While I don't plan to write another article on Mylan anytime soon, I am covering their analyst conferences, and your are always welcome to read my summaries at:

Mylan analyst conference call summaries

No comments:

Post a Comment