Monday, March 23, 2015

TTM Technologies (TTMI) sold, will no longer cover

TTM Technologies (TTMI) makes printed circuit boards (PCBs) for the electronics industry. It is in the process of acquiring a rival, Viasystems. I first bought TTMI on February 19, 2018 for $11.03 per share. I bought more on March 30, 2010 for $8.98 per share, and a final, equal amount on December 17, 2013 for 2013.

I sold all my shares this morning for $9.075 per share, so I have a small loss overall.

When I bought TTMI my portfolio was almost all IT and semiconductor stocks. But I had begun my shift to biotechnology stocks. Now most of my portfolio is biotechnology, which is why the portfolio as a whole is up 5x what it was in 2008.

I will no longer take notes on TTMI analyst conferences. You can see my old notes, blogs, and Seeking Alpha articles at TTM Technologies notes by William P. Meyers.

I would note I think TTM is a good company with good management, but it is in a tough industry with low margins where customers like Apple really squeeze prices down. I wanted more cash in my portfolio, in case the market turns down or I find another biotech stock I want to acquire. No reason for anyone else to panic.

The remaining non-biotech stocks in my portfolio are Applied Materials (AMAT), AMD (AMD), Dot Hill (HILL), Microchip (MCHP), Marvell (MRVL), and Xilinx (XLNX). Of those all pay dividends except Dot Hill and AMD. Dot Hill has great prospects. AMD I am not so sure of. If I have a pet stock it is AMD. I am hoping Lisa Su will perform wonders there.

This post is not financial advice. Since I write about my investments and investment ideas, I like to keep readers informed of my decisions. Here is a full list of my current positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment