Friday, September 26, 2014

Bought Opexa, Merrimack

This is just to note that I added to my Opexa Therapeutics (OPXA) position yesterday because the stock price plunged after it withdrew an attempt to raise cash by selling shares. Clearly Opexa is a long way from FDA approval, but my guess is that cash will be found, so if clinical results remain positive some day, years from now, I'll wish I had bought more at this price. On the other hand it still represents far less than 1% of my portfolio, which is appropriate for such a risky stock.

I was researching Seattle Genetics (SGEN) and Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (MACK) to add to my coverage at http://www.openicon.com and to write about for Seeking Alpha. Look for articles, maybe, next week. I went ahead and bought a small position in MACK. Wish I had bought it a year ago! Since SGEN seems to have prices in a lot of pipeline success, I'll probably just add it to my watch list for now.

I'm a bit cash constrained. If Gilead (GILD) continues to rise I will at some point sell some to generate cash to diversify into smaller biotechnology stocks. Or maybe I'll buy myself a box of cigars and pretend that I am finally a Capitalist instead of a Worker.

I like Cyclacel (CYCC), and think it is vastly undervalued, but few people agree with me. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment