Friday, August 6, 2010

Back from Vacation

My vacation this year involved attending the marriage of my step son Evan on Whidbey Island near Seattle. Jan and I drove there with our dog, Hugo, staying at a La Quinta in Eugene, Oregon both coming and going. It is great that the hotel was dog friendly, and Hugo was a well behaved guest who liked walking in the part adjoining the hotel.

From Highway 1 all the way to Whidbey we saw roads being repaired, so I think the government infrastructure stimilus money is still, or maybe finally, at work. Hopefully the private industry workers improving the roads at public expense will also help revive consumer spending. We rented a house near the shore for a week and bought most of our provisions on the island, so maybe we helped the local economy there, while detracting from our home locale.

That said, I missed an important 10 days of economic reports. Jan had rented an Internet-free house; between that and the wedding preparations all I did was check my email and a few quarter results press releases for my clients.

Now I am back and starting to go over quarter results for the stocks I follow in the blog and at OpenIcon. The backlog list is: AKAM, CELG, DNDN, ONYX, HNSN, TTM, and MCHP. Next week we also have HILL and NVDA.

For me this is really homework: analyst conferences sometimes add insight to the numbers released, and sometimes don't. As usual I will post my analyst conference summaries at OpenIcon and post my commentary in this blog.

I have a few things to say about the economy, too, but first I want to catch up on business results.

No comments:

Post a Comment