Monday, November 9, 2009

Akamai, Microchip, and other conferences

I spent the last two weeks writing the index for Windows Server 2008 Administrator's Pocket Consultant, 2nd Edition by William Stanek. Despite that, I managed to listen to a few analyst conferences and posted summaries for them. Here's the list:

Akamai, AKAM, October 28, 2009
Cisco, CSCO, November 4, 2009
Dot Hill, HILL, November 5, 2009
Microchip MCHP, November 4, 2009
Maxim Integrated, MXIM, October 29, 2009
Onyx Pharmaceuticals, ONXX, November 3, 2009
SGI November 4, 2009
TTM Technologies November 4, 2009


I missed the NVIDIA analyst conference November 5, 2009, but hope to write a summary of that tomorrow.

Looking at the list, I wonder how I managed to get all that done. Mostly I suppose I know the routine so well that summarizing them takes only slightly more time than listening to them.

If you really want to understand a company, you might look at what the executives were saying to analysts a year or two ago. That would be a good test of how well they are predicting reality as against how much they are just blowing smoke an investors. To see a list of all the companies I do analyst summaries of, with links to all the past summaries I have done for each company, just visit my List of Companies Covered for Analyst Conference Summaries page.

No comments:

Post a Comment